Living Yoga Teacher Training (LYTT), a Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour program, is designed for any yoga student or aspiring teacher seeking broader knowledge of classical yoga teachings in an accessible format and supportive environment. The program will examine the philosophical underpinnings of yoga from the lens of our modern lives and empower students to live their yoga beyond the physical practice. LYTT is designed for students who are ready to commit to taking their practice deeper physically, mentally and spiritually. We invite you to spend these six months with us getting stronger, building healthy habits and cultivating a more vital, conscious way of life. We teach yoga as a life practice, far beyond what happens on the mat and in a way that calls you into your personal power & life’s purpose.
Under the direction of Alicia Moyer (ERYT-500) and Nichole Ferrigno (RYT-200) in conjunction with the Past Tense Teacher Training team, this modern vinyasa yoga training is a comprehensive program that will hone your teaching skills, deepen your personal yoga practice, and guide you through the beautiful layers of yourself to uncover your innate wisdom.
- Asana. In-depth study of the foundational asanas (postures) and how to sequence them to create an engaging and transformative experience for both online and in-person classes. This is a modern vinyasa training that incorporates wisdom from many influences and traditions.
- Anatomy and Biomechanics. This program emphasizes studying the body and movement from the lens of biotensgrity and functional movement. You’ll gain a basic understanding of the musculoskeletal and nervous system, learn to optimize joint articulation and range of motion, and guide classes that are inclusive and respectful of all bodies.
- Pranayama & Meditation. Learn the core breathing and meditation techniques to support your personal practice and provide a holistic practice that integrates mind, body and spirit. Learn to center yourself and hold space for fostering inward focus and cultivating deep relaxation (Savasana).
- Yoga philosophy. Gain a deeper understanding of yoga philosophy, with an emphasis on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and a Tantric perspective. We’ll explore the basic history of yoga and modern-day implications like cultural appropriation, what it means to teach yoga in the west, and yoga’s connection to social justice.
- Lifestyle. We’ll introduce Ayurveda, the ancient sister science of yoga and the ways this wisdom can support your daily life.
- Personal Attention. Space is limited to 12 students to cultivate an intimate community and allow for personal attention and guidance. The small group size allows for customization of the program to meet the group where it is and more time practice teaching than most programs.
- Exceptional Value. The price includes the training manual and a 6-month unlimited livestream and on-demand membership to Past Tense as well as some in-studio classes.
- Intimate Setting. The training takes place over 8 intensive weekends in a private home studio in Mt. Pleasant. This cozy atmosphere gives students the opportunity to dine together at lunch and be at ease between the long hours of training.
- Real Life. This program teaches yoga as a framework for everyday life with an emphasis on the principle of ahimsa or do no harm. Rooted in trauma-informed practices, which explore how stress shows up in the mind and body, you will learn tools to better support yourself and your future students from the inside out. These practices and the foundational and philosophical principles of yoga will help you connect your self-care to community-care.
2021/2022 Training Dates:
8 Weekend Modules
(Fridays 6-9pm, Saturdays 8:30am-6pm, Sundays 9am-6pm):
- October 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- October 15th, 16th, 17th
- Nov 5th, 6th, 7th
- Nov 19th, 20th, 21st
- Dec 10th, 11th, 12th
- Jan 14th, 15th, 16th
- Feb 11th, 12th, 13th
- March 18th, 19th, 20th
There will also be one weekly Thursday evening practice between Jan 5th – March 16th.
Early bird: $3000
Regular Price: $3300 (after July 15th)
Attend all weekend modules (individual arrangements must be made to make up any missed class time).
Complete all homework, readings, journal assignments, class observations/assistance, take-home final exam and teaching practicum.
Take at least 3 yoga classes per week at any pre-approved studio, gym or virtual platform.